We love the simple design and sustainability of this beautiful eco-friendly booster seat! The booster chair is made of pesticide-free, sustainable bamboo, which in our opinion, isn’t just the right thing your little one, it’s the best thing for mother earth as well. The bamboo booster seat is also totally lightweight for easy portability.
Which toys are safe for kids of different ages? The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and AARP are warning all gift givers about the five toy hazards that can take all the fun out of any celebration. CPSC Acting Chairman Nancy Nord spoke at a press conference on toy safety in Washington.
“AARP, which represents millions of older Americans with grandkids is an organization with a vital interest in toy safety,” said Nord. “We’re joining forces to make sure all toy shoppers are aware of this year’s top toy safety tips to help reduce injuries and deaths.”
Here are CPSC’s Top Safe Shopping Tips for this year:
* Magnets – For children under age six, avoid building sets with small magnets. If swallowed, serious injuries and/or death can occur.
* Small Parts – For children younger than age three, avoid toys with small parts, which can cause choking.
* Ride-on Toys – Riding toys, skateboards and in-line skates go fast and falls could be deadly. Helmets and safety gear should be sized to fit.
* Projectile Toys – Projectile toys such as air rockets, darts and sling shots are for older children. Improper use of these toys can result in serious eye injuries.
* Chargers and Adapters – Charging batteries should be supervised by adults. Chargers and adapters can pose thermal burn hazards to children.
CPSC also recommends using the following tips to help choose appropriate toys for children:
* Be a label reader. Look for toy labels that give age and safety recommendations and use that information as a guide.
* Select toys to suit the age, abilities, skills and interest level of the intended child. Look for sturdy construction, such as tightly-secured eyes, noses and other potential small parts.
* For all children under 8, avoid toys that have sharp edges and points.
Once the gifts are open:
* Immediately discard plastic wrappings on toys before they become dangerous play things.
* Keep toys appropriate for older children away from younger siblings or neighbors.
* Pay attention to instructions and warnings on battery chargers. Some chargers lack any device to prevent overcharging.
CPSC has reports of 20 toy-related deaths involving children under age 15 that occurred in 2005. Nine of these deaths occurred when a child choked or aspirated on a small ball or other toy parts. Also, in 2005 an estimated 152,400 children under 15 years old were treated for toy-related injuries in U.S. hospital emergency rooms. The majority of these injuries were not the result of a recalled or dangerous product. Instead, injuries from riding toys such as falls, made up a significant number of the injuries.
IKEA asks customers who have a LEOPARD children’s high chair to stop using the high chair immediately and bring the seat and frame back to any IKEA store where they will receive a full refund.
Snap locks that secure the seat to the frame can break, making it possible for the seat to drop through the frame. Children can suffer injury to the head and other parts of the body from falls. Detached snap locks pose a choking hazard to children.
IKEA has received eleven reports of broken snap locks from outside of the United States, including one incident where the seat with child dropped through the frame. The child suffered bruised legs. In a second incident a detached snap lock was found in a child’s mouth but was removed before choking occurred.
For more information, please visit www.IKEA.com or contact IKEA toll-free at (888) 966-4532.
All kids love Harry Potter, and all kids love Lego, so why not surprise them this year with their very own Hogwarts castle in Lego form! The Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle set includes 1,290 Lego pieces and includes; Harry Potter and Hermione Grange plus 9 other characters exclusive to the set. They are Lord Voldemort, Albus Dumbledore, Professors Snape, McGonagall, and Flitwick, Argus Filch and his cat, Mrs. Norris, and 2 Dementors.
Dumbledore’s office features the Sorting Hat, Gryffindorss Sword, a Basilisk fang and secret sliding stairs. The Gryffindor common room features a fireplace with Sirius Black’s face and Tom Riddle’s book hidden in the Knight’s armor.
What kid wouldn’t want this?! Your little Buzz Lightyear will go crazy for this inflatable jet pack! This is a set of inflatable vinyl wings.It’s a great toy for flying around at playtime and for using the imagination. All kids like to dress up and pretend they are are favorite movie or tv character. A kid will feel like he is Buzz Lightyear. This is a great gift idea for any kid who likes the Toy Story Movies. Its no wonder it one of the most popular this year!
Create interest in eco-friendliness, sustainability and science in your children’s life with this mini windmill generator. Learn about renewable energy and watch how wind power can make an LED glow, with no batteries required!
Kit includes rotor, front housing with gear and rotor shaft installed, back housing, 2 half screw caps, toy motor with gear (generator), motor cover, 8 small screws, LED with wires and detailed instructions.